Tennis For Kids FREE in Burnham-On-Sea 2017
The Tennis for Kids programme is back in Burnham-On-Sea in 2017 and we are delighted to invite your school to get involved.
What’s Tennis for Kids?
Tennis for Kids was launched last year following Great Britain’s historic 2015 Davis Cup victory to inspire the next generation to play. With an initial goal to introduce 10,000 5-8 year olds to tennis through a FREE six-week programme, what we achieved was smashing! By the end of 2016, 854 coaches had delivered 1420 courses to over 13,200 children! Due to that success, Tennis for Kids is returning this year with an aim to introduce a further 20,000 5-8 year old children to the sport we love.
From 25/04/17 we will be running various FREE 6-week coaching courses catering for 60 children (aged 5-8 years) who are new to tennis. Every child that completes 4 sessions of the course will be given their own FREE tennis racket, as well as a follow-on offer to enable them and their family to continue to play tennis.
Be part of the team
You know your pupils and their families’ best, so we would really appreciate your support in encouraging them to give tennis a go – tennis is a fantastic, lifelong, family sport.
Here’s how you can get involved:
• We would love to come to your school and deliver a number of FREE 30 minute tennis taster sessions within the school day to get your pupils excited
• We will only need an assembly hall or playground to give the children a flavour of tennis, tell them all about the Tennis for Kids programme and other tennis opportunities at Avenue Lawn Tennis Club
• We’ll provide all the equipment and all our coaches are recognised by the LTA which means they have a minimum Level 2 qualification, are DBS checked, First Aid trained and have completed a Safeguarding and Protection in Tennis Course within the last 3 years
• Your staff are welcome to be involved too so they can see how tennis is such great activity for developing children’s’ fundamental movement skills. The activities will be fun, progressive and can easily be delivered in a small space with mixed ability groups
In addition to the above Tennis for Kids offer, we would also like to take the opportunity to outline how our coaching services can support your school staff to deliver high quality PE and sport provision for your pupils. Tennis is a sport that gives young people not just the physical literacy skills they need to be active later in life but the life skills – resilience, adaptability and drive – that will help them achieve their personal ambitions.
• Our coaches are available to work alongside teachers during the curriculum to support and up-skill teachers to improve the delivery of physical education and sport.
• Our coaches demonstrate how tennis is an excellent activity for supporting the national curriculum attainment outcomes at Key Stages 1 & 2 – which focus on pupils developing fundamental movement skills and supporting pupils to communicate, compete and evaluate their own success. Did you also know that the Tennis Foundation, offer FREE teacher training, resources and equipment to help schools like yours deliver tennis? Find out more at: www.schoolstennis.org
It would be great to discuss this further to see if you are interested and how we can work together to get your children and their families active and playing tennis!
Please give me a call on 07738092276 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org